Core have a range of products specifically designed for the correctional market. To see the full range of products on offer go to www.coresystems.biz
Secure, Cost Effective and Proven Identity Management and Control
Core is Northern Ireland’s most experienced biometric identity management expert.
We have been leaders in the field since the 1990’s, developing biometric solutions ranging from biometric access control to biometric login for confidential systems. Core’s clients manage the most demanding and dangerous environments including Northern Ireland Prison Service and Irish Prison Service. Our history and experience means we are uniquely qualified in the biometrics security sector.
What is biometrics?
Biometrics are automated methods of recognizing a person based on a physiological or behavioral characteristic. Among the features measured are face, fingerprints, hand geometry, handwriting, iris, retina, vein, and voice. Utilizing biometrics for personal authentication is considerably more accurate than conventional methods like passwords or PINs.
- Biometrics links the event to a particular individual (a password or token may be used by someone other than the authorized user).
- Biometrics is convenient (nothing to carry or remember).
- Biometrics is the ultimate in accuracy and efficiency. There are no consumables making biometrics a cost-effective solution.
- Unlike a password, PIN, or smart card, biometrics cannot be forgotten, misplaced, lost or stolen.
- While traditionally used in high security applications, biometrics is now gaining acceptance in mainstream consumer applications worldwide.
How does biometrics work?
Biometrics work by using our unique characteristics to identify us. Consider fingerprint-based identification. All fingerprints are unique, and that makes them ideal for personal digital identification. Each and every one of our ten fingerprints is unique, different from one another and from those of every other person. Even identical twins have unique fingerprints. Other biometric methodologies utilized to measure various other characteristics work using the same theory.